Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sweet Little Puppy

Billy at Trees for Our Children is at it again. I can't believe how naive this little puppy is. Change the world. Ya, right!!

I'd rather see what Billy's professors and his little group of romantic idealists have to say in response to the letter these scientists addressed to the Bali conference. After all the esteemed group of political appointees attending the conference has flat out refused to engage in any sort of debate with a growing list of very well qualified academics who obviously know their stuff. And as I told Paul at Celestial Junk earlier today, I've got eight more names to add to the list.

From the Daily Tech article:
The letter reads in part, "In stark contrast to the often repeated assertion that the science of climate change is 'settled,' significant new peer-reviewed research has cast even more doubt on the hypothesis of dangerous human-caused global warming."

That's something Billy needs to learn. No science is ever - ever - completely settled. As he grows older, he will have to face that reality.

I place as much faith in a United Nations conference on the environment to be open to the truth as I did in the 2001 World Conference on Racism. Billy must have been out of his diapers by then, but I wonder if he remembers the high quality of racist, anti-White bickering that conference became famous for. It was the final straw, for me. Since then I have had absolutely zero respect for that organization and it was on pretty thin ice even then. Revelations since then, such as the oil-for-food scandal, have only confirmed what I already believed. Its foundational ideals have been completely and utterly compromised.

Aside: You will notice in the sidebar of Billy's blog that he mentions his affinity for a drink called of Yerba Matte. This is a drink made with leaves of a South American plant. I wonder if Billy ever questions how the mate he drinks actually gets to Canada? Ya' think?? I'm betting a bit of fossil fuel is burned - and the dreaded CO2 emitted - by the vehicles that get this drink from Paraguay, or wherever, to the trendy little cafes in Regina where he can drink it and feel so at one with the world. If he wants to change the world, maybe he should reconsider how much this imported beverage adds to his ecological footprint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home