Friday, September 05, 2008

Saint Moammar??

I know Gadaffi has been playing like a good guy for some time now, but I just cannot come to believe it's genuine and of course I know that all international politics is, at the core, a game of self interest, so I'm sure Gadaffi has something to gain. (I wonder what he was offered to entice him in from the cold?) But this amazes me. So Condoleezza Rice sits down with Moammar Gadaffi in all his radiant enrobement. (I love the way the guy dresses. He's a flamboyant character and he knows it and plays it to the hilt.) I wonder if he's thinking about the bombs dropped on his palace during Reagan's administration? Is the death of his young daughter during that event on his mind? I wonder what is really going on in Condi's mind? Is she cringing inside while smiling so brightly? I note the following passage from the article:
"In an interview with al Jazeera last year, he showered her with praise, declaring: “I support my darling black African woman.” The Libyan leader, who began his ideological life as a militant pan-Arabist, has matured into an enthusiastic African nationalist, aligning his country’s future with the continent.

He continued: “I admire and am very proud of the way she leans back and gives orders to the Arab leaders. Leezza, Leezza, Leezza . . . I love her very much. I admire her, and I’m proud of her because she’s a black woman of African origin.”"
So the great-great-great(?) granddaughter of slaves meets the great-great-great(?) grandson of slavers and they hit it off. Damn, I love international politicking. Whatever is in it for Gadaffi, the West sure snared them a charming one, even if he is a weasel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home