Friday, November 28, 2008

Today I am a Jew

Little did I know that my last three postings would be connected the way they are. None of the articles I read, and certainly none of the ones I embedded into my post about the Islamist attack in India, mentioned the fact that a Jewish center was deliberately targeted in addition to the hotel. And then I comment on the old bugger, David Ahenakew, with his "Jews are a disease" ideology. Even more disturbing, this morning I was searching through old posts and came across a zinger of a condemnation of the Palestinians and their inability to deal with history.

The Rabbi's little boy, only two years old and now an orphan, kept asking for water. Did you know the Hebrew word for water is "maim" and the Arabic word is "mai"? These two peoples are cousins, for God's sake. They trace their ancestry to the same patriarch, Abraham.

What is it with this crazy world and this sick hatred of Jews? These people with such an indomitable spirit, who have contributed so many great artists, musicians, writers, inventors, scientists and thinkers to the world? And why, especially, do the adherents of the religion of Mohammed, the descendant of Abraham, have such an appalling degree of it? Why? Why? Why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home