Friday, March 13, 2009

The Empty Suit

People on my side of the aisle have been referring to Barack Obama as an empty suit. This just about proves it. I mean, really. Dropping the term "enemy combatants" but leaving everything else about the Bush administration's policy on the Guantanamo detainees is about as wimpish as you can get. What happened to all this hope and change? I guess being president leads one to this thing called reality which must force The One to have to abandon some of his silliest campaign promises. I guess I should be happy. I hope the fanatics in the Arab and Muslim world have taken note and I hope the mixed messages become firm and clear and on the right (in both senses of the word) side.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think about it, the only campaign promise that made any sense at all (from either side) was Biden's warning that Obama will be tested within six months.
He's facing many tests from several directions, and we're still waiting for him to find one he can pass!
Love your place!

March 14, 2009 12:53 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Gee, Anonymous, thanks for the compliment. I appreciate that. I wish you'd pick a name, though. Anonymous is rather too common.

Speaking of the big test, I read somewhere this morning that the question of his birthplace is still being advanced by some groups. I wonder if that's the big test?

Being a gal from the country to the north, I am very worried about his economic policies, too. I think he's gonna delay the rebound, maybe by a long shot and if the American economy tanks for a long haul so will Canada's. I'm too close to retirement for that to happen. Three years and ten months to go.

March 14, 2009 1:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home