Friday, April 09, 2010

Spring has Sprung...

...the grass is riz. I wonder what all that white stuff is?

Damn. Why is the weather man always right when the news is bad? We're having our annual just-when-we-thought-spring-had-arrived blizzard. Oh well. In typical Saskatchewan hope-springs-eternal land - "At least the farmers will be happy. It was so dry."

And in normally balmy Calgary, they've been clobbered.

Half the city is ex-pat Saskatchewanites, anyway. It follows us wherever we go. And the rest of them are Texans. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Drove from Calgary to Saskatoon a few days ago - man was it ever DRY. Sloughs and dugouts were empty. Too much garbage in the ditch for my liking - more than I remember as a child. The storm yesterday was incredible - the snow was heavy and wet - if you were walking you looked like a locomotive snowman because it just coated you!

April 09, 2010 9:15 am  
Blogger Louise said...

Yup. There's been plastic bags and junk food wrappers and last fall's leaves flying all over the place here, too.

My son just emailed me to tell me his wife started it. She's out in Victoria and they got a whop of it too, it seems, and then sent it our way. Yuk.

April 09, 2010 9:48 am  
Blogger huffb1 said...

stupid weather I was trapped at home yesterday

April 10, 2010 12:15 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Yup. It's more than knee deep in some places, like on all sides of my car. I'm not looking forward to trying to get out and go shopping.

Send food and brandy.

April 10, 2010 12:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home