Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hell No. We Won't Go...

...there.

Drop war-resister policy: rights activists

Amazingly, the CBC comments section is almost entirely against the "rights activists" position. Or at least the first few pages are. I haven't read them all.

For all you younger folk and older deluded ones, the Vietnam war draft dodgers were not in the American armed forces. There was a draft. They had received a letter ordering them to report for duty. Do you understand the difference? Apparently not.

Oh, and the title of this post is a slight variation on the 60's anti-war movement slogan "Hell no. We won't go." That's right. "We won't go." They weren't in a theatre of war. They were refusing to obey the order to sign up.

There is no draft today. All members of the American armed forces today volunteered to serve. They weren't ordered to join the armed forces.

These weasels think that their oath means nothing. Send them back. All of them. Our boys are dieing in Afghanistan and that gives me the right to spit on you.

And by the way, didn't anybody tell you before you volunteered that war is hell? The naive and yellow-bellied are not welcome in our country, not as long as we have a volunteer force ourselves, who are willing to lay down their lives for our country and our allies.

Go fuck yourselves.

PS: Okay. Finished reading all 112 of them although there will probably be a lot more before they close comments. I didn't actually count them, but I'm pretty certain a large majority are opposed to allowing the "war resisters" to stay in this country. Most are arguing they broke the law and should be treated as criminals, which renders them inadmissible to Canada.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as a Canadian i served in us 62/67 there was a draft then and a lot of the guys were drafted.your right there is no way we should accept these jerks.great post I'll try and get on CBC site but they don't like me even though i put down i like '' little mosque on the prairie'' on my profile

October 16, 2010 8:25 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

I watched Little Mosque twice and that was two times too many. They actually shoot some of the scenes in my hometown. My sister still lives there and she says no one likes the show, although they are very willing to play extras when they need to have a crowd in the scene. LOL!!

That show is an indication of how low CBC's standards have sunk.

October 16, 2010 9:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not at all a fan of cbc i just put that down so i could post.it's just a sounding board for the left.i was listening to an Adler podcast today about how much the CBC and Trudeau loved each other dief not so much.a billion a year.this case is a no brainer ya lets let them in more liberal/ndp votes and the bloc is big on this too .no surprise there. btw great blog

October 16, 2010 9:30 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

You should put in an appearance at Inside the CBC. Most of the posters there rake the beast over the coals.

October 16, 2010 10:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks Louise right up my alley speaking about the media what is your opinion on the globe and mail/rob ford imbroglio? BCF has a great article on it cheers

October 17, 2010 7:11 am  
Blogger Louise said...

I love it when the old media does this sort of thing. It simply hastens their demise. As for Rob Ford, I can hardly wait until he rubs it in their faces.

October 17, 2010 8:11 am  
Blogger Louise said...

If Ford is elected, does that mean we can refer to Toronto the Good again, like we used to way back in pre-nanny state days? We Westerners love to hate Toronto because of its seemingly elitist, priggish attitude to us knuckledraggers, but then again, maybe that was just a fiction created by the media.

BTW, I was going to say that when you were in Viet Nam, I was in high school learning how to be anti-War, anti-American, the whole nine yards. I remember telling my ex, who was only my boyfriend at that time, that there was no cause that justified war.

When I think back on that, I can only shake my head in disbelief. It took me two decades to wise up, too. Sheesh!

So when I read/hear statements from like that all over the comments at places like the Grope and Fail or CBC, I always assume the writer is young and naive little puppy, but, surprisingly, they are often well beyond. Some people just never grow up. They become Liberals or Dippers instead.

October 17, 2010 8:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops i was not in Vietnam i was in Germany i joined in '62 two months before the missile crises.i was discharged in 65 then navy thus my avatar.when i went south we had a different flag,i think '67 was the last good year here.i see CBC comments are disappointing but not surprised .thank goodness CBC doesn't represent the views of most Canadians,

October 17, 2010 10:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home