Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It Pains Me to Say...

I remember most of the songs from the fifties and sixties. Remember them very well, as a matter of cold, stark fact. And I have the aches and pains to prove it.

If you have an hour and twenty minutes take a stroll through the first five seconds of every #1 hit song from 1955 to 1992. I haven't got to the 1980s and 90s yet, but I'll bet I won't recognize very many of them. Sigh.

Five Seconds Of Every #1 Pop Single Part 1 by mjs538


Five Seconds Of Every #1 Pop Single Part 2 by mjs538

h/t Barce Pundit, where I was expecting to find some up close and more personal perspectives on what's happening just across that other pond.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave in Pa. said...

Here's some great Youtube recordings of some golden oldies:
Duprees-You Belong to Me
Little Anthony & the Imperials-Tears on My Pillow
Frankie Valli-Stay Just a Little Bit Longer
Elvis Presley-Devil in Disguise
Elvis Presley-Jailhouse Rock RARE RECORDING OF 1957 TV PERFORMANCE!

February 23, 2011 9:09 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Thanks. I'll have to listen to them when my bones aren't aching. ;)

February 23, 2011 9:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home