Sunday, February 26, 2012

Blog Updates

Sorry, I haven't been inspired to post a new entry today, but I have been busy with blog "housework". I've eliminated some dead blogs from my blogroll (well, one, anyway). Jay Currie's blog went poof a long time ago. I guess he's gone for good, so I deleted the link to his blog.

I added a couple of other Canadian blogs, namely, BC Blue and Blue Like You. Three, actually. I also put Alberta Ardvark up in lights, such as they are on my blog.

In addition, I added some new links to American newsy websites under the Good Stuff column, namely, The Blaze, The Daily Caller, Real Clear Politics, and The Right Scoop.

Also under Good Stuff are new links to The Manning Centre for Building Democracy, Canadian Labour Watch and Parliament of Canada.

I've been reading a lot of blogs today, as well as news articles. I stumbled across this one, which is veerrrry interesting.

Plus, I was outside shoveling snow. In this damn country we usually get all excited at the end of February and throughout March 'cause we're sure spring is just around the corner. And then, like clockwork, along comes a big dump of snow, just to remind us who's in charge.

Oh, Mother Gaia. We're not worthy. We're not worthy. Now, can you quit, already!! We've had enough, even if it has been a mild one. Bring on Global Warming.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave in Pa. said...

Speaking of weather, which isn't climate, even if 1,000 yrs. worth...

There's an excellent, short but info-packed article at blog Euroreferendum called "Winning the Battles but Losing the War". It talks about the interests behind "Climate Change" shifting tactics and battlefronts.

February 28, 2012 12:35 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Okay. Read that. Disagree with it.

Down throughout recorded history there have been doom and gloom movements spearheaded by spirits that are kindred to today's CAGW crowd. They always make a lot of noise but disappear only to be replaced by the next batch with a new axe to grind. Nothing new there.

Most of them change their minds as they grow up and realize they have to put a roof over their heads and feed their kids.

Occasionally they do have good ideas, which will be adopted, and occasionally one will make it to high office such as in - (hm,hm) - your country, but they do their damage and then are replaced by wiser heads who will undo the damage.

I'm grateful they have the right to make fools of themselves. You know that old saw from Mark Twain: "Better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

This too shall pass. T'was always thus.

But then I tend to be an optimist.

And BTW, isn't it delicious that the man who gave us "An Inconvenient Truth" is the same person who supposedly gave us the Internet? Little did he know that would work against him.

It's probably been the most revolutionary development since the harnessing of fossil fuels. It's given us "deniers" and evil right wingers a voice and is in the process of killing political correctness.

I, personally, wonder what they'll come up with next. Watching them is very entertaining.

February 28, 2012 7:01 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Oh, and thanks for the link. I should put EUReferendum in my blogroll. Maybe I'll do that tonight.

February 28, 2012 7:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home