Thursday, August 30, 2012

Birthday Reflections

Yesterday being my birthday and all, I was looking through my "Baby Book" earlier today, (yes, they had them even way back then, although they certainly weren't as fancy as the ones out there today). Anyway, they contain pretty much the same thing.

For example, there's a page on which parents could write "firsts". According to what my mother wrote, my first smile was at about 6 1/2 weeks. I stood up alone at 4 months and 3 weeks. I took my first step alone at 15 months and 2 days.

But the most momentous event, which explains everything that happened thereafter, occurred on July 9th (I presume 1950). At 10 months and a bit I "climbed up stairs, 1/2 way about & fell down."

I haven't been the same since.

Now you know.


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave in Pa. said...

Happy Birthday, Louise! You're the cat's meouw! :-)

August 30, 2012 8:45 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

August 31, 2012 12:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home