Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Quit Apologizing!!!!

One of the biggest/strongest bees I have in my bonnet is the iron grip political correctness has on Western countries, Canada included. I believe the only way to loosen that grip is to speak firmly, courteously but honestly about what you believe to be true and let the agents wielding  the bludgeon of political correctness squirm and squeal all they want. Ignore them and their cant. DO NOT APOLOGIZE for holding positions that the goons wielding the club do not want you to express. Consequently, in the past few days I have been sorely disappointed by an apology that has been issued.

That apology came from a professional baseball player who I had never heard of before. (I'm not a sports freak, so deal with it.) His politically incorrect statement, for which he apologized, concerned homosexuality. I may not agree with his views on that subject, but, as far as I'm concerned beating back political correctness is far more important than whether or not Mr. Escobar and I may agree or disagree on that subject. Mr. Escobar, you are a coward and I sincerely regret that you have bowed to political correctness. But what's really, really disturbing, though, is that you have been given a three game suspension. It seems the Blue Jays bosses have also caved to political correctness. A pox on all your houses.

Contrast that with American presidential hopeful, Mitt Romney, who, in recent days, has said several things deemed by the purveyors of political correctness (MSM included, of course) to be worthy of an apology.

However, Romney's non-apology is of the "sort of" variety, so even he doesn't get a pass from me.

And howsabout this one:

Romney owes Americans an apology: We all pay Sales taxes, cell phone taxes, gasoline taxes, liquor taxes and etc.

Cell phones? Liquor taxes? Pretty much proves his point, doesn't it. I guess we'll have to wait another 49 days to see whether this hurts his campaign. Lord luv a duck, I wish I could vote in American elections.





Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home