Wednesday, October 17, 2012

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Check out the list of the most inappropriate songs to play at a funeral.

I must disagree, though. I think "If You're Happy and You Know It, Clap Your Hands!" would be great. :)p The old church walls would collapse from the reverberations. That is if anyone actually attends your funeral.

A few weeks ago I was listening to a list of songs called "God's Greatest Hits". Some of them I had never heard before, but some, in my ever so humble opinion, would make good send off music for a funeral. Here are some of them:

Amazing Grace:



I love those Celtic chicks, too. I must have a bit of Celtic blood in me. Although those dresses look a might uncomfortable.

Here's a better one, from an old fav of mine, why back when:



That was back in the days when Greece had something to give to the world. I wonder if Nana Mouskouri is dead now? And did they play her version of this old favorite at her funeral?

Next up, The Hallelujah Chorus, sung by the greatest choir of our times:



And, this favorite old one: Ave Maria sung by a guy who I know is dead. Shame, that.



And if you don't like fat old dead Italian dudes, try a younger blind one:



And, on a more depressing note, this is our heritage as citizens of nations in the Western world, AKA, Western Civilization. Why so many do not recognize these soaring achievements, much less appreciate them, is beyond me. Let me just say, I'm very, very grateful that I was born into this civilization, and I intend to celebrate it! Just don't ask me to sing if you're within earshot.

And last, but not least:

I know it's not music, but a bit of levity always helps when you're talking about funerals:















Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous MaxEd said...

leonard Cohen's "Halleluia" is the worst send-off song ever. People think that because it has Biblical references, it's appropriate. It's about SEX, people: listen to the damn lyrics.
As far as I know, Nana Mouskouri is alive and well.
My sendoff, I hope, will be Johnny Nash's "I Can See Clearly Now". It was going to be Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky", but I can't honestly say "Never been a sinner/Never sinned".

October 17, 2012 4:45 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Ooooh. Now you've got me interested. I've have to listen to Cohen's rendition. I'd get back to you if I hear the same thing, but if I don't, you'll have some 'splaining to do.

BTW, I have a question I've wanted to ask you for a long time: Do you have a silver hammer? (It takes an old foggy to understand that question).

October 17, 2012 6:07 pm  
Anonymous MaxEd said...

I accidentally didn't capitalize "Leonard". No offence was meant; I admire him as a poet if not a singer.

Do I have a silver hammer? If I said "Yes", that would destroy the surprise!

October 18, 2012 3:34 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

Okay, then, did you major in medicine?

BTW, I listened to Cohen's version, and I didn't anything along the lines you've suggested. Sooo, I have to ask, were you inserting words where they didn't exist?

PS: I never noticed the lack of a capital letter. So relax.

October 18, 2012 4:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home