Monday, October 22, 2012

Excellent, Excellent Idea

I agree that a lot of little museums have some great stuff in them. I've visited many small town museums and, although I found their collections to be fascinating, it was a bit distressing to see stuff that my parents used as I was growing up presented as historical artefacts. As if I needed to be reminded of how old I'm getting.

On the other hand, it kinda shows how much and how quickly technology has changed. My life was in many of those museums -- but I'd like to see the Last Spike or Champlain's astrolabe. That guy's been dead for 377 years. Although I've been in the Canadian Museum of Civilization, not everyone has the opportunity to visit the Capital Region and see the treasures in that museum.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home