Sunday, October 21, 2012

Stupid Birds

I've been sitting outside on my front steps watching the world go by (and freezing my butt off). There have been little birds flying around landing in my hedges and taking off again. I was thinking they are the only ones left. They might be chickadees, who stay all winter, but they don't really look like chickadees.

As if to prove me a liar, earlier today I was sitting out there and a big flock of Canada Geese flew overhead, squawking as they usually do, flying in half-assed V formations. Maybe it was even colder up there. (Aside: As I'm writing this, I'm listening to a YouTube video right now featuring Bjorn Lomborg. Video below.) But back to the birds. The stupid things were heading north!!! That must prove something. I'm sure our resident environuts can tell us.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave in Pa. said...

Both Canada and the US need an extended Canada Geese hunting season with no bag limits to get these numbers of gees radically down. It seems everywhere you look in the US northeast, there are huge flocks of no-longer-migratory Canada Geese that each expel 1.5 lbs. of bird shit per day, often into the public water supply at reservoirs.

October 21, 2012 7:17 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

They are flying over Ontario. Don't expect much.

October 21, 2012 7:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home