Friday, March 15, 2013

Depression

A few days ago, my niece was involved in a horrific accident. She got creamed by a semi. Miraculously, she survived, but her car was totaled. The worst she got out of it was a couple of big gashes in her scalp.

That put me in mind of another horrific accident. One that I was in when I was a mere 19 year-old. The driver of the other car was skunky drunk and was in the air and rolling. His car hit our car on the front of the drivers' side. He, and one of his passengers were killed instantly. My baby sister spent several weeks in hospital in Regina. All I got was two gashes in my head and lots of bruises. This baby sister is the mother of the niece who miraculously escaped injury a few days ago.

Emails are flying back and forth between the sisterhood and our one and only lonely brother. I was supposed to pick him up in Indian Head that night, and when I never showed he was stinking mad, until he learned what had happened.

The other thing that's depressing is the SNOW. It's still coming down!! All the kidlets in the school yard across the street from my place are in their winter duds. The damned weatherman is predicting snow almost every day for the next several days and there are predictions of big floods in the spring. (Spring? What's that?) I hope my basement doesn't flood.

Oh well. I'm getting lots done around the house. Always look on the bright side of life, and be grateful you have a life:



Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave in Pa. said...

I had a very close call myself in 2007. What I get out of all this is: Cars are mere things and gashes heal. Thank God you're not going to the funeral of a loved one!

March 15, 2013 11:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home