Sunday, September 01, 2013

"Make It A Dry Reserve"

Uh, huh.

Young child allegedly killed ‘fun-loving’ six-year-old found badly beaten on a Saskatchewan reserve: RCMP
"Mounties say the person they believe is responsible for the death of a six-year-old boy in a Saskatchewan community is also a child."
[---]
"On the reserve’s Facebook page, people are airing their concerns, frustrations and support for the petition.

Sharleen Edwards wrote, “I say make it a ‘dry’ reserve implement it. Would be a great step to healing.”

Others, like Tania McKay aren’t sure the petition and the changes it calls for will help.

She posted: “I don’t mean to be a negative nelly…but really what is that going to do? It is always just talk..no action. I’m not a band member but this is my home..where I choose to raise my family…Until we all realize that we failed the young people..our future..we are never gonna go anywhere.”"
What??? You're not gonna blame the Whiteman or colonialism or residential schools or a small-pox infested blanket from two and a half centuries ago? What's this world coming to.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home