Thursday, January 09, 2014

ARRRRRRG

I went outside this morning to bring the garbage can in from the street (garbage pickup was yesterday morning, but it was too damned cold to step outside and retrieve it later in the day yesterday, and besides, conveniently, I had completely forgotten about it). Immediately upon stepping outside I realized I had closed the door but forgotten to unlock it first - so there I was stuck outside without the key. Thank God my sister lives in town and only 2 1/2 blocks away and thank God she has a spare key. So, off I went, trudging over to her place at 8:00 - 8:30 AM, on very, very slippery streets. It was like walking on smooth ice.

I managed to remain in an upright position, and, thankfully, found my brother-in-law at home when I got there. He gave me a much appreciated cup of java and the spare key and a ride back home. Anyway, I keep telling myself - spring is on the way, spring is on the way.

Thankfully, it's a bit warmer today.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said...

Oh boy... glad to hear you got through unscathed.

We are suffering +6 (C) every night during the last three weeks here... pretty unusual for our corner.

January 10, 2014 12:08 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

"We are suffering +6 (C) every night during the last three weeks here... pretty unusual for our corner."

I feel your pain.

January 10, 2014 1:36 pm  
Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said...

Yeah, but insulation local houses have is worth... well, nothing.

January 15, 2014 1:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home